In Oz, everything is magical. With just a wave of a wand wonderful things happen, wicked things disappear and dreams can come true. Over the rainbow life can be simply...beautiful.

Unfortunately, the road life has chosen for me was not that of the yellow brick road. The Emerald City is no where in sight. It is more often then not that I wish I had that magic wand from Oz.

Life hasn't been completely unfair to me. I have been blessed with a loving family and a beautiful son. For these things I am eternally grateful. It is my dermatomyositis and my son's fight with autism that can draining.

Hence, this blog was created. Here I will document my life…my ups and downs, my good days & bad days, my accomplishments and my failures...my life, outside of Oz.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Cause

My husband woke me up at 3am to tell my our parrot died. I jumped out of bed and went to his cage downstairs to find his body just laying on the bottom of his cage. I don't know what happened. He seemed fine that morning when I fed him.

When he had feathers he was a beautiful African Grey with a gorgeous red tail. Since my son was born he had become a "nudist". He was very smart & although i did all the caring, he decided to make my husband his mate and was pretty aggressive with me. Grey's require a lot of attention and ever since the diagnosis of my son & I, unfortunately that was something that was very scarce. We were trying to find him a good home with someone that could give him all the attention he deserved and had experience with Grey's. Nothing had popped up yet.

My husband said perhaps he knew we were gonna give him away & rather have died then left. Lets add guilt to my platter then, since it was my idea to give him up. So did I kill him? I guess we'll never really know the cause like I said he seemed perfectly fine that morning. At least his in a better place.

No comments: